Everyone wants to grow their business, but it is much easier said than done. If you do not have a proper game plan, the journey will take much longer… The goal of this article is to help small business owners who are struggling with growing their business.
Let’s say for the sake of it, you already have a website for your business. Here are some steps that you should take to evaluate your current website (if you do not have a website, these steps still apply once you build your website).
- Perform a website audit (online tools like SEMrush do a great job).
- Review your Core Web Vitals (Google Page Speed Insights is a great too to use).
- UX and UI – how easy it is for your users to use your website? How clear is your message?
- Make sure that your website is optimized for mobile first, as Google ranks mobile higher than desktop.
- Make sure that you have clear call-to-actions on your website.
- Performance and Security (SSL)
Doing the above will help ensure that your website is easy to use, fast, secure and mobile friendly. Now that you have this taken care of, we can move on to the next section of growth.
Organic Leads | SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Everyone has heard of SEO and many think it’s a simple task, though, unfortunately it is not. SEO takes creative, hard work and time to start to see positive changes. You have to remember, chances are, your business has a lot of competition, so that means you are having to compete in SERPs (search engine results pages) on search engines like Google.
This is where you need to ensure that your content structure and messaging is very clear and your main points are higher on your website, as data shows many users do not scroll much further down the main fold of any web-page. So it’s important for your users to see your main point right when they land on your website, in hopes to keep them on your website or having them reach out to you via a phone call or contact form.
If you are unsure what keywords to rank for, you should be able to comprise a list of relevant keywords in your industry that you wish to rank for. You can also use a tool like SEMrush to research and create a list of keywords to track. This is very helpful because it will show you a lot of relevant data for each keyword in your list, some will be very hard to rank for, so you probably should avoid those when you first start out, as they will be much harder and take much more time to rank for.
It is also very important to remember that SEO does take time. Just because you create a very well written page does not mean you will see it in the search results tomorrow. It can takes months. That’s why I suggest you use Google Search Console (free Google tool) or a paid tool like SEMrush to track your page performance/ rankings.
If you would like for That Digital Dude to help with your SEO, please contact us for a custom quote.
- Put your important content higher on your web-page
- Keyword research
- Make sure your website is indexed by Google
- Optimize your content for your relevant keywords you want to rank for
- Track your SEO performance
Get Faster Traffic | PPC Advertising
If you are wanting quicker traffic and leads, PPC advertising is a great option to achieve those goals. Depending on your product or service, Google Search and Display Ads are a great way to advertise your products or service.
How to get started with Google Ads.
- Go to Google Ads
- Create your account
- Get familiar with your account, where everything is
- Perform keyword research and add them to your targeted list
- Create your ad campaign and ads
- Make sure to update your location where you want to target
- Ensure you set your daily spend/bid limit
- Make sure to update your negative keyword list weekly
- Make optimizations to your campaign/ads to improve your ROI
If you need a consultant to help guide you through your account set-up or someone to manage your ad campaign, That Digital Dude can help. You can contact us today for a free quote.